Thursday, September 3, 2009

Andy Warhol... No folks... He's is not overrated

My dear darling Andy. People said you were weird, twisted, voyeuristic... I didn't know you so I can't comment on your personal character. But I can say that no you are not overrated and actually, you were a genius. You only have to step a foot (be it clad in Converse or a Louboutin 5 incher) into his Pittsburgh based museum to find the truth. For me it was my only reason for going to this city, which i found quite pale, (sorry Pitt!). Walking into the museum was like finding the brightest rainbow amongst a sea of clouds. I want to mention my absolute favorite bit, (the best and most beautiful bit), Andy's 'silver clouds'.

It was so overwhelming it made me tear up considerably. Visual art working hard for its glory and succeeding. It literally took my breath away as I watched the 'clouds' circle around me and dodged them as to not disturb their graceful movements. Throw in a rack of all the 2.55's a girl could want and it was my idea of Heaven! Perhaps that is all you have to see to know that the man was brilliant...(although you should tour the whole place). I'll never forget the day i set off on a plane to Pittsburgh for one reason and one reason only. I had dreamed of the museum for six years and it was well worth the wait. xoxo




This isn't in the Pittsburgh museum, but it's the same exhibition. I loved the Velvet Underground soundtrack (of one song), attached to the video, so here it is youthquakers.

p.s.


I will have a mini shindig and serve cocktails out of Campbell soup cans, (my ode to Andy). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers